Monday, August 8, 2011

My Lady Bug's Birthday

my dear sweet lady bug,


:) lets start at the beginning...




your daddy and i have hoped and prayed for a sweet spirit to join our little family. and today 8.8.11 our prayers were answered. when we prayed for you we asked for happy and healthy. and what we got was above and beyond. you are beautiful inside and out. you are healthy and happy and energetic. you have a smile that can melt even the coldest of hearts. and you have the power to make anyone smile. there hasnt been one person who has looked into your sweet face that hasnt smiled.

(you at almost 6 mo. old)
there has been several times that i just look into your pretty ojos and my eyes fill up with tears because i feel so blessed to have such a perfect baby girl. you are the best part of every day for your daddy and i. we love you so very much!

mommy had high blood pressure while you were in my tummy and you didnt come on your due date so our dr. decided it would be better for you to be induced. and here's how it went...

daddy and i checked into the hospital at 730am, aunt amy met us there and documented everything from the beginning. i was induced at 745am and had my water broken at 1145am and then got an epidurl at 330pm and started pushing at 900pm. grammy rara, papa, grandma and grandpa clausen, aunt danielle, uncle greg, jack, and tyler , plus great grandma & grandpa stout were all there waiting for you to come. they were all so excited to meet you.


the hospital was pretty busy, there were 4 other woman in labor at the same time so they were short on staff. so grammy rara and grandma clausen were there to help. and mommy had the best nurses. one was nurse Kathy she was the best! unfortunately her shift was over before you were born but she came to visit the next morning :) then we had another nurse who was very nice but mommy can't remember her name.
once mommy started pushing your grandmas helped by holding my legs while daddy held my hand and everyone helped me count to ten each time i pushed. after a few practice pushes grammy said she could see your tiny little head... i started to cry. i felt so much love for you and i hadnt even met you yet! i asked grammy not to tell me anymore because it made me cry and when i cried i couldnt push. after 30 minutes of pushing the dr said stop! and then a few seconds later i saw her unwrap the umbilical cord from around your neck and then heard the most beautiful sound in the entire world....your sweet cry. when you were pulled out your little fingers were gripped onto your umbilical cord and you wouldn't let go :) the dr. had to take your hand off. then the dr set your tiny little 7lb 3oz. 21" long body on my chest and all i could do was cry. i fell in love with you instantly. i never thought i could love anyone so much. i was so happy to finally hold you in my arms and love you and look into your pretty eyes.
when i held you i knew i was meant to be your mommy and that i was holding a miracle from my Heavenly Father in my arms. i knew that i would do anything and everything to keep you safe and happy. your daddy cut the cord and the nurse wrapped you up.
then mommy fed you for the first time. you were so awake and alert and more beautiful than we could ever have imagined.
all of your aunts and uncles and grandparents were there anxiously waiting to meet you
uncle jack
aunt danielle
grammy rara
papa
aunt amy
gma gpa clausen
uncle greg
you & dawdy

after everyone left it was just me you daddy and the nurse. she gave you a bath and then you were all ours :)

we stayed in the hospital till wednesday and had lots of visitors! unfortunately we didn't get a picture of everyone but there were soo many... here are a few mommy can remember
(sorry if i forgot you)
dallin wilcox, aunt rhonda & uncle scott, cousin jessica & tiffany, aunt sharla, becky green, etc.
aunt jeanette
uncle paul

your birth was such a sweet experience for me and daddy. the entire day your daddy stayed next to me and held my hand which always makes mommy feel better. when you get older you will see your daddy has special powers that help you feel safe and comforted. all he has to do is put his arms around you and everything feels better :)

it was even more special to look through all the photos from the day and see through aunt amys eyes as she took photos the entire day. she and daddy kept me company and made me laugh. aunt amy doesn't know this, but it means more to me and daddy than we ever could express that she was there throughout the entire day to document every special moment so there is no way we can ever forget a single second.

your daddy and i love you very much and love being your parents. we know you will be a strong and brave and amazing daughter.

Love,
your mommy and daddy


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy and grateful that I could be there for you three. It was one of the best days of my life and I am so lucky to have been there to witness such a miracle. I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete